Monday 13 April 2009

Easter almost over and week 28 creeps close


As frightening as it is...the days pass really quickly and the kicks and punches are starting to come in stronger than ever. Baby 'Peanut' has no limitations to what she does and does it whenever she wants. It's not really much of pain but sometimes she strikes you just on the nerves that make you swear like you've never-ever...I'm starting to reminisce what I'm going to miss from work...At least my colleagues will be the first I'll miss and then the absolutely fast pace working environment that keeps me on my feet all day long. I do look forward to going back for a bit more challenge after my maternity leave.

Since it's still Easter Monday, my dearest hubby and I took a ride to Helsinki center to have some lunch-dinnerish combo at a Nepalese place we've never tried before (Restaurant Mountain). To our surprise the food was actually reeeally good. It's so out of the way everytime we go to the city that we never bothered to go all the way there just to test it out, but since almost everything is closed today except small stores (open until 16:00) and some restaurants, we decided we'll give it a go...We didn't regret it one bit as the price was also affordable... :) We would have eaten at home if we didn't have visitors today looking at our apartment, but it was good that they came so I got to eat what I REALLY wanted to eat ^__^ !

So what did we do the Easter weekend? Well, we went to visit Peanut's Grandma to be with Nemu. She was so spoilt over the weekend as she was free to run anywhere and everywhere...Literally EVERYWHERE! <_< She was so spoilt to a point that she forgot her name :P. I was happy that I didn't have to cook or clean...but it was a bit difficult to sleep on a smaller bed than what we have and being so big up front, the mattress was not very comfortable on a convertible couch bed thing. So we stayed only one night, I ended up being really exhausted after we got home that I slept until 12:30 <_< (The Tipsywan style). My dearest hubby came to wake me up so that I could help just freshen up the place before the visitors came, if he hadn't I'd probably sleep pass the Tipsywan hour :-O .

So that was what we did in Easter and dreading week 28 all at the same time. Today I'm continuing my preparation for Baby 'Peanut' I decided to order some of her things from UK but I need to figure out the logistics company that would either receive or pick and deliver. We aren't buying her pram until much later as I'm not planning to go to town anytime soon so we'll buy it sometime in August. The cotbed comes later too as she'll be placed in an Ikea cot or a travel cot in our bedroom until she can move to her own room. The travel cot is a good idea as we may be travelling around so she can be sleeping in that in the beginning saves buying too many baby furniture. I also got to know from Andrea a friend that nasal aspirator (although not used often) is a life saver, I tried googling to find out more about it but did not get a definitive answer on how necessary is that. Rather than sucking the boogers out of your little one I think opening her nasal area with a device (non battery operated) may be a life saver for a frustrated little one that is having trouble breathing while trying to feed.

I should get the mother's box soon as I left the application 1 1/2 weeks ago, I'm hoping to get last year's box since this year's option is rather meh looking. I don't want my little girl looking like a fish :P even if she probably doesn't care what she looks like at this point. Oh well one can hope. If I don't like it I can always sell it forward and buy a nicer one for her. No harm done. :), now I'll just get my things in order for tomorrow as I have one day to handle some paperwork and other stuff :).

Ciao!

No comments: