Friday 9 January 2009

Baby 'Jyri and Tiina' is born!

My dearest 'baka' friend had a baby this afternoon. According to the message a sweet baby girl, weighing 3,44 kg at the length of 51 cm. This is such an exciting day! I'm sure they are thrilled. I would like to visit the family but I think I'll wait until they have settled in with their newborn. I can understand the need of privacy and getting bonded with the child. I'd like to have that with my newborn as well. I don't need someone in the background nagging me and wanting to hold the baby every now and then...I guess it's fine in the hospital but when we get home we just want to be alone for a while...at least 2 weeks :).

For me the bonding process is important. Your baby is never a baby forever so this is the best time for new parents to reflect the moment. Get it into their heads that there is a new person in the family...new adventures and frustrations of trying to get things right. I keep hearing that perfection isn't everything with a baby, you just need to do your best. Let's see what kind of a control freakazoid mumsy I'll be! :D

No comments: