Saturday 20 December 2008

Nearly burnt the apartment down -___-

This stupid person....me....nearly set the apartment on fire. I was in a rush in the morning to prepare to go to the Dr's I had a pot of mung bean dessert and I decided to heat it so I can have a bowl. Running after papers and all and dressing and packing I left the stove on...Thankfully our trip didn't last as long as it would have since I forgot some papers and didn't follow procedure before going there for my blood tests. We got home and then was shocked to find the apartment smelling like burnt food. So my dear hubby dashed to the kitchen to turn the stove off. I felt so bad I had left it on. Even if I was tired there was no excuse to be so careless... I normally am not but for some reason my brains aren't quite the same as they are...stress? trauma? I don't know... I had so many changes lately that I think my body and brain is just a bit worn out.

Now all we can do is try to air the apartment in the cold of winter and hope the smell goes away before one of us gets a brain tumor from this horrible stink. I'll buy some deodorizer tomorrow as well as a cheap purifier if I find one but nothing is cheap in Finland so I'm just going to have to keep cleaning the walls and closets and all until the smell has vaporized. If it was summer I could open all the windows but now all I can do is air it once in a blue moon so we don't freeze. Lesson learnt again...not my first burnt pot, hopefully my last....My poor poor pot...My favorite pot too ;___;....As long as my dear hubby is not mad at me (he was though...he was more worried about the dog and everything and that we didn't have a home to come back to for Christmas). Sigh... Can't always be puuuurrrrrfect.

No comments: