Sunday 14 November 2010

The world stand stills

The time between autumn and winter is when I always feel that the world stand still. At least here in Finland. The gloomy grey and sluggish weather makes you feel like there is a downfall of depressive airborne virus out to get you. I found a good remedy for this but because of my busy schedule and wanting to do other fun things have left me not following this remedy.

My pumpkin for 2010 - A tribute to the faction I belong to in World of Warcraft.
I do miss the times when I can just go and play whenever I feel like.
If you're planning to beat this downer season, you should have at least a shot or two of vitamin C boost (a glass of juice) plus some vitamin D. Include some exercise, walking, jogging, gym you name it every 2-3 days (twice a week is a lot if you're mostly on your butt). Avoid high carbs and controlled caffeine intake. Sugar doesn't do you good but get you hyped temporarily and then you fall back down into a pit of depression. Veggies (salads and wok veggies) are a great source of fresh energy, without feeling stuffed. If you're feeling under the weather consult a physician, if it's emotional a good friend is a good cure =). In the past year I've learnt who are my true friends and who isn't. I've been advised to try to patch things up. It doesn't work if it's only a one way thing. Given time it may work but after some 10's of years and people are still acting like children then it's better to just let it be bygones. There is no cure for this situation, sometimes things just happen intentionally or not, either in the heat of the moment but regretting doesn't help rewrite history. It takes a big person to forgive and forget and a bigger one to not bring it up. I admit I'm not so I'll bring it up but not going into details who it is.

In any case, I wish them well in whatever they do as the world is big enough for everyone. I'm grateful and thankful for the current friends I have. Most are understanding and open minded. It's just sad that I chose the wrong ones to give trust to but I've learnt my lesson and I'm moving on... =)

As I've mentioned I've been rather busy and haven't had time to focus on my blog(s)...(yes I have at least 2 if not 3 blogs) I also admit I've been a bit lazy just goofing around on Facebook. I have learnt to despise that site. It's there where I've learnt the true nature of some people. At the same time I'm grateful I've found some of my dearest long lost friends. I guess that oblivion is bliss!

Sandown Pier-Isle Of Wight (Oct 2010)
During my work trip continued by holiday trip to U.K.

I've discovered that I'm still missing some of the childhood memories I had while I was in U.K. When I was back recently I've noticed that alot have changed. Not for the worse but towards a different direction. I guess I've grown up! It's just weird I tried to cling on to something that is not there anymore. I still would like to move away from Finland some day but my work and family is not allowing me the freedom. I just need to figure out how I can move there with the brady bunch abroad without jeopardizing our way/standard of living way too much. I guess I'd survive with less, it's just I've gotten quite comfortable. I'm still searching but I'm just browsing to see what opportunities are available. On this note I leave you with my recent memories of U.K.

Cheers!

More Photos from the UK trip October 2010:
Priory Bay Hotel - Isle of Wight, U.K.

Carisbrooke Castle - Isle Of Wight, U.K.

Geese @ Hall Place, Kent, U.K.


Sculpture Hedges @ Hall Place, Kent, U.K.


Delicious cakes @ Prinssi - London, U.K.

More delicious cakes @ Prinssi - London, U.K.

Carisbrooke Castle - Isle of Wight U.K.

Osbourne House - Isle of Wight U.K.

Hall Place Mansion @ Kent, U.K.

More of Hall Place Mansion @ Kent, U.K.

2 comments:

Liisa said...

For the Hooooooooooorde!!

Jacey said...

For the Alliance!!!!! xD