Monday 29 November 2010

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

The weather may not be pleasant these past few days as the temperature dropped to a record low this year. We have -18 °C in the morning in our area. Of course nothing beats the north as a friend announced that it is -25 °C up in the middle of Finland. The last week we had tons of snow fall, it covered quite a significant part of my yard as well as the front road. That's quite irritating especially if you have neighbors sharing the same pathway not doing their share of the snow work. Today I discovered that my neighbor could be 'borrowing' water without our permission. I'm going to sock the pipes with a lock and bolt. If anyone has any suggestions how I can deal with these bunch of goons, I'm happy to accept all advices. So far I'm going to make it difficult for them to do more damage.

The forest facing my backyard

Blueberry bushes...looking rather..erm 'frosty'

Our front pathway facing the neighbor's backyard. (Not the lazy bunch)

Anyways...I'm quite content as my week started quite nicely. I've had some strange events happening but it's just the story of my life. I'm looking forward to the new year as I'm expecting some changes in my life. Hoping that I'm not making the wrong decision. We have plans to move away temporarily from Finland however I'm not so sure how it's going to work for us as per say. I have a good job here and I'm pretty settled in Finland that moving to a foreign land is just feels a lot to handle, especially when you have a toddler tagging along. I know it is possible for me to get work abroad from certain countries BUT, am I ready to leave my comfort zone?

A discussion with hubby dearest led me to exploring what options I have and where to go to. My question is, how long do I want to be doing the same thing? Don't get me wrong I love what I do but I want a bit more challenge and definitely more benefits to come alongside the challenge. I'd be an idiot to go for a challenge just to be worse off. So far, offers are a bit better the challenge?...well...the same or too challenging for the offer, making it not so interesting anymore. I guess I'm better off going to bed. However I need to still dig up some photos for Alyssa's aunt :). I promised to send a few in for her to make a calendar for grandpa and grandma.




No comments: