Wednesday 17 November 2010

Sleepless nights are a torture

Don't ever let anyone con you into thinking that having children is easy! Although it's a welcomed blessing for us, the sleepless nights I could do without. I've stayed up quite many nights due to my hubby snoring or the baby fussing. I've turned into a generally light sleeper. The only way I can fall asleep is to get myself completely exhausted so that I'll fall into a pit and never wake up. I'm sensitive to a few things when trying to fall asleep especially when I'm overly exhausted. The first annoyance is light, second comes sound and third any smell of food! Yep! If someone is having something downstairs...a toast, tea, COFFEE, I go berserk! I kinda look like the statue going 'Up Yours!' if I get ticked off in the morning :P.

Statue @ the Gardens of Mustiolinna, Finland

You know the notion when someone says "Waking up to the smell of fresh coffee"? Bollocks! If I wanted to sleep another hour the smell of coffee sends me into an immediate rage. I don't understand why it does that but it just makes me go AWOL. It's completely fine when I'm awake and I'm preparing to start my day but when I'm still snoozing it's the worse smell on earth.

The other thing that would make me grumpy during my snooze period is toast...BURNT TOAST! Ugh...One might think that it's a great wake up method but it really puts me in a bad mood. This phenomenon happened to me quite recently as I've been struggling to get some sort of a sleep pattern in place. After having my little girl, my body doesn't quite clock the same way. Maybe it has something to do with winter as well. If it's any consolation it should help me sleep better being dark and all.

Ice Candle @ my back yard 2009.  Hoping to create another this year :)

After seeing a physician, the only thing they can tell me is that it'll get back to normal in time. Time? <__< I have no time! <_< It's slowly affecting my judgement in traffic as well as other daily tasks. (Ever tried to pour milk into your coffee maker's water container? if that wasn't bad enough, miss the filter altogether creating a counter of coffee powdery mess!) Thankfully these little mishaps aren't so life threatening, sure they are irritating and over time it could become hazardous!

Now the pop quiz. After all the trouble of getting where you're at, do you want another child? At this very moment no...ask me again when my daughter behaves, or if I happen to see an adorable well behaved kid, or another sweet newborn...the answers vary from situation to situation, day to day and weather.

No comments: